Sunday, August 24, 2008

Unappreciative

So I feel like the most thankless person right now. Every year around this time I'm surrounded by people who are new to the Ballroom touring team at BYU. They've all worked years to get on this team and are so excited to be there and work their hardest and be apart of the team and all the experiences that come with it. Meanwhile I am just upset that I have to miss work and all the money I could be making and saving if I didn't have to be in rehearsal. Then I realize: "oh yeah I am on a full tuition scholarship." What a jerk. I feel like I've taken for granted all the experiences I've had and all the help I've been given. I mean I've had the opportunity to perform for thousands upon thousands of people on three continents. I've been given three scholarships in the past three years and what have I given back. I don't feel like I've given anything, only taken. Maybe it's time for me to move and give the chance to someone who would appreciate it more. There are plenty of people much more deserving, and appreciative than me.

No comments: